Thursday, December 4, 2008

Winter walking


I am a huge fan of dog trainer and agility competitor, Susan Garrett.  I was reading her blog today about walking her dogs in the winter, and how good it is for dogs and people alike.  There is beautiful sunshine outside today, so I figured I should crawl out from under my blanket on the sofa and walk some dogs. After all, Susan Garrett lives in Canada, surely I can handle some Nebraska weather.  I bundled up in hat, coat, gloves, and scarf, and tucked Maverick into his high tech, high priced dog coat.  Papillons have no undercoat, so he has a wind proof dog jacket. Annie got by with her god-given Aussie coat. We were all pretty comfortable, other than my nearly frost bitten thighs. Next time, (next time?!!)  I'll remember to add long johns under my jeans. I decided to check the temperature when we got home. 21 degrees F, with a wind chill of 5 degrees.  The sun may be shining, but southern California this is not!

No comments: