Sunday, December 5, 2010

Wedding, Christmas, rambling

I am a very lucky woman. I don't have a sister, I was blessed with one brother. But thanks to my brother and my husband, I have the best sister-in-laws a woman could ask for. Actually, I just think of them as my sisters, even though I didn't get them until I was an adult. One of them is the amazing woman my brother married. He would agree it was the best thing he's ever done. She writes a popular blog (you can see it here) and designs gorgeous jewelry. She also it a great amateur photographer. She's way more creative than I am, but I'm really good at borrowing ideas. We have been in California for a family wedding, and we got the chance to get together with them for a early Christmas. So I borrowed her idea for this picture. Lisa's is way better than mine, but I do what I can. I love these stockings. My mom made the first ones when my brother and I were kids and has added the ones for our spouses and kids as they came along. 


The purpose of our visit was for the wedding of my youngest brother-in-law. His new wife happens to share my first name. It's freaking me out a little bit, seeing my name on Facebook belonging to someone else, but I love her so much, so it's ok. It means I now have the five best sisters (in law) in the world.
My beautiful daughter got to be the flower girl. It was the perfect wedding, meaningful and short! We got a little time to hang out with all my husband's family and all my family. It was a jam packed weekend, but I got to see all the people I love most in the world. Can't ask for more than that. (and it was in warm California, a weekend away from the cold and ice!)
Here's a moment with my daughter, my nephew, and my godmother. Being surrounded by so much love is reminding me to be grateful for all the good things in my life.  Little Mickey papillon dislocated his hip and it cost over $1000 to fix him, so with weddings, and vet bills and such, this Christmas is going to be smaller than we've been used to. I still have a lot to be thankful for and happy about.  I may put a bow on my Mickey and kiss him and snuggle him. It's a good year after all. 

Speaking of papillons, here is my mom's pretty little Rose. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a joy to see how all the Carlile sibs and their spouses interact. And you are double-blessed if you have that kind of relationship with your brother and Lisa as well. Thanks so much for coming and celebrating with us.