Thursday, March 11, 2010

Laid up

Well, Tuesday night I made a mistake. I went out in the yard to call Casey in, and in the dark, I was looking for the dog, not watching where I was going down the deck stairs. I missed the last step, and I fell, bad.  I rolled my ankle completely over, and heard a loud pop. I immediately knew I had messed it up bad. It hurt horribly!  I had to have my husband come home and take me to the ER. The Dx is that I severely sprained the ankle, and I have a small chip fracture where the ligament pulled away a piece of bone due to the force of the trauma. The doctors tell me that small chip fractures usually heal well. The soft tissue damage is likely to be a more long term problem. So, Brynley's agility training has come to a pause. Right now, two days later, I can not yet put weight on my right foot. I have a walking boot and crutches. I am hoping to be able to walk in the boot with out crutches by early next week. (somehow I have to be able to drive my son to school)  Then, I'm thinking I should be able to do some training with Brynley as long as I don't run. Weave pole training is totally on hold. I won't be able to get out in the soggy yard with my walking boot.  I'm having a much greater appreciation for simple things like walking and getting a cup of tea. I can't do much of anything right now.

It's purple, it's swollen, it hurts.

No comments: