Thursday, October 9, 2008

Poor Conehead

Poor Annie!  She burst open a cyst on her hip Wedsnesday. I'll spare the gory details, tomorrow she is having minor surgery to remove it. Meanwhile, she is moping around the house and bashing into walls and the back of my legs with her cone. I suppose we'll have to put up with it for another week or so, she is determined to lick her "owie" if she can.
I just wanted to share a couple of pics I took of the wonderful butterflies at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo.  It is a fabulous zoo, and we can't wait to share it when we get visitors from out of town. Yes, that's a hint!
I have a small confession. Duane and I ate sandwiches from Subway on Monday night while Daughter was at dance class. Otherwise, we've kept to the no eating out rule this week. Hey, it's my game and I guess I get to make up the rules. I forgot to impose a penalty for breaking them!

1 comment:

Lisa Leonard said...

oh we love a good zoo!! hope annie recovers quickly. subway--not too bad!!